A failure is a success, right?

This iteration was again about ink, wax and medium. I used plaster wrap on cardboard as my base, threw india ink over it and *hopefully* see some good reactions from ink reacting, soaking into, spreading into plaster. Now, I realise plaster itself is not necessarily porous, however, I was hoping the ink would react somehow other than sitting on the surface. The ink pretty much stayed where it was with no exciting reactions. I waxed, fused and played around with markings, using a variety of tools and junk. In the end, I removed markings to clear the surface to see the ink on the base. This did NOT do what I hoped it would do. It became a successful candidate for “ugly art”. 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s